Product Name: PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed & Lounge
Price: Will Vary
Star Rating: This great looking bed for small dogs has a 5 Star rating on Amazon.
If you’re looking for an orthopedic dog bed for small dogs then this one is worth checking out. Looks like something we’d all like to curl up in and give our weary bones a rest.
The bed is advertised as helping with your dog’s joint pain and helping to improve health and mobility. Judging by all the Amazon reviews, it’s exactly what the doctor ordered.
The core features include the quality memory foam and the secure bolster that surrounds 3 sides of the bed. Perfect for your dog to stretch out or rest their head on the pillow.
Because of the memory foam, your dog will have a great sleep without sinking down to the floor. The memory foam will conform to their weight and size and allow them to have a fantastic sleep.
- This PetFusion premium bed has a very solid two and a half inch memory foam inside a removable cover.
- The three-sided bolster pillow is comfortable enough for your dog to rest their head and also high enough to let them curl up inside and dream of bunnies and you.
- Dimensions: 25 X 20 X 5.5 inches
- Colors: slate gray for the small bed, large, and extra large. Brown for the medium.
- Will comfortably hold dogs up to 50 lbs.
- Delivery Cost: Please check with your online store as they each offer various options for shipping
- Warranty/Return Policy: 12 months from the manufacturer
- Memory foam base
- Water resistant
- Tear resistant (in theory. Dogs may have their own ideas about that)
- Washable cover that can be replaced if necessary (i.e. dog tears it)
- Bottom is non-skid
- The price is worth the quality you pay for
- The manufacturer offers a 12-month warranty
- As mentioned above, its noted that this bed is tear resistant but we’re not convinced our dogs know that. However, replacement covers are available…and may provide a great opportunity to blend in with your new furniture.
- If you have two dogs then the smaller bed may prove crowded if they like to sleep together. However, it should comfortably fit two small dogs.
- The cover is water-resistant, not necessarily waterproof. This was confirmed by an owner who purchased one of these beds. They did note that once the cover was washed (and dried) it held its shape and went easily back over the memory foam base.
Comments From Others
There are over 1400 reviews on Amazon, with 85% of them giving this orthopedic bed 5 stars.
- Easy opening right out of the package.
- The memory foam has an odor (as does most new things) but it goes away after a few days. Judging by the comment, this didn’t stop the dog from using the bed right away.
- The memory foam is solid and even bigger dogs rest comfortably without squeezing down to the floor.
- Owners are appreciating that their dog can stretch out, curl up, and even lay with their head on the bolster (raised cushion), probably to keep on eye on you should you drop a crumb of food.
- PetFusion has become a dog bed favorite for many owners and they often have more than one and replace with another one as needed.
- Owners have commented that their dogs have loved this bed so much that they don’t even try to sleep in the big-people bed anymore.
- Some buyers have had trouble with the zipper breaking prematurely. However, they’ve reported that if the dog bed is still under warranty then PetFushion has been prompt with replacing the cover. Apparently, the company reads the Amazon reviews and if there’s a bad review, PetFushion jumps on it and seeks to correct the problem.
The proper bed is worth checking out for your small dog so you don’t have to worry about the pup in the picture.
The PetFushion Ultimate Bed & Lounge is definitely a top contender for dog beds. While a little more pricey than the cheaper foam beds, such as from Walmart, the bed is worth every penny. A read through of the Amazon reviews quickly tells you this.
While this review focused on the small bed, there is also the medium, large, X-large, and even jumbo bed available, which is something that would suit our own household quite nicely as we have a Beagle, a Pointer, and Lab. And because they don’t sleep together they each required their own bed.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this review. Please leave a comment if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by.